Get To Know Tahiti
A perfect honeymoon locale – you wouldn’t be disappointed with any trip to Tahiti. There are some things you should be sure to keep in mind when planning your vacation to this exotic locale.
- Tahiti is actually made of two islands linked by an isthmus. Papeete is the capital city and one of the areas you should definitely see.
- Tropical weather is year-round but special attention should be paid to typhoon season since it is a possibility.
- Bring an electrical appliance adapter with you. Depending on the hotel, you could find 110v or 220v outlets.
- It’s common to put a tiare (flower) behind your ear – the right one if you’re single and the left if you’re taken.
- Tahiti is a part of French Polynesia which has over 118 islands and atolls over 5 archipelagos.
- On the island of Tahiti there are plenty of activities ranging from shopping to nature hikes to all the beachfront attractions you would expect.
- Flying from LAX will likely be your best bet – the island’s official airline operates daily nonstop flights from there.
- Citizens of the US and Canada only need a passport to visit – no visa necessary.